Lakes are an important part of the biosphere that exists in the state of Washington. There are lakes of all sizes and types in this state and each of them are unique in their own way. You will find some of these lakes at the footfall of the giant glaciated mountains whereas the others are situated in the dense forests of the Pacific Northwest. So, if you love to explore lakes wherever you go, Washington is a great place to be in this weekend. Check out these top lakes that you can visit in this state now.
- The Ross Lake – Ross Lake is a very prominent and popular stop when you are driving through Highway 20 and is famous for the North Cascades Scenic Byway. This is. 23 miles long lake which is situated at the heart of the Ross Lake National Recreation Area. It is also a part of the North Cascades National Park Complex. The clear and aquamarine waters of the lake can easily attract anyone who visits here. It is surrounded by dense forests which are home to several animals. You will be amazed to see the beauty of the scenery that exists in this region.
- Lake Washington – situated between the cities of Bellevue and Seattle, Lake Washington is the largest lake in King County. The lake is around 15 mile long and is famous for it’s peaceful and serene ambience that can relax your mind very well. The lakefront property is always in a very high demand and you can access the shore from the many public access points around it. You can witness a gorgeous view of snow-capped Mount Rainier from this lake, so keep your cameras ready. Madrona Park and Denny Blaine Park are some popular attractions here.
- Lake Wenatchee – if you love watching sunrises, then Lake Wenatchee is the best place to be in Washington. This lake is situated in the Eastern side of the central Cascade Mountains and is 16 miles to the west of Leavenworth. This is a glacier fed lake and is almost 5 miles long with a beautiful backdrop. Don’t forget to visit the Lake Wenatchee State Park which is the most popular attraction in this area. You can also book a ride on a boat and explore the many corners of the lake. Fishing and windsurfing are some of the best activities you can take part in.
- Lake Chelan – if you are looking for the most popular weekend getaways in Washington, then Lake Chelan should be on the list. It is one of the biggest lakes in the state as it is more than 50.5 miles long and extends to the North Cascade mountains as well. Boating is a very popular activity here as the tourists love to explore the surrounding lush forests and hiking spots. Waterskiing and wakeboarding are two of the most exciting activities you can do here. Also there are several water marianas and restaurants situated here.
- Lake Crescent – another stunning lake that can amaze you is the Lake Crescent. It is a beautiful lake with turquoise blue waters with picturesque landscape in the background. It is situated in the Olympic National Park. You can choose to set up camp here at the numerous camping sites and spend the night under the starry skies. Or you can head out to the hiking trails and climb the surrounding hill ranges.
So, these are the most beautiful lakes in the state of Washington that you have to visit in 2021. Make sure to check them out and make your trip even more memorable and exciting.