Quebec is a province in Canada. It’s the second-largest province in terms of area, and it’s the only one that shares a border with the United States. Quebec City is the capital of Quebec, but Montreal is its largest city.It has a population of about 8 million people, and it’s known for its natural beauty.
Top Reasons To Immigrate In Quebec
If you’re thinking about moving to Quebec, here are a few reasons why it’s worth considering:
- Lower cost of living: Quebec has some of the lowest taxes and lowest costs of living in Canada. With an average home price of $209,000, you’ll save big on property tax, and there’s no provincial sales tax!
- Affordable health care: There are two types of healthcare available in Quebec: public and private. Public healthcare is provided by the government-funded Régie de l’assurancemaladie du Québec (RAMQ), while private healthcare is provided through private health insurance companies. The cost of both options is much lower than in other parts of Canada.
- Education system that supports immigrants: The education system in Quebec is designed to help students learn English or French as quickly as possible so they can integrate into the larger community more easily. Students also have access to specialized programs that teach languages other than English or French as well as cultural awareness training focused on diversity issues like racism and discrimination.
What Is The QIIP?
The quebec immigrant investor program is a great way to bring your business to Canada. If you have a minimum investment of $1.2 million, have an active business, and can speak French, this program could be for you.
- The QIIP is designed to help Quebec attract new immigrants who have the intention of settling there. The program requires that you make an investment of CAD $800,000 in a passive government bond or an active business venture in Quebec. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. Some applicants may qualify for a reduced investment amount depending on their field of expertise and other factors.
- Once you have successfully made your investment and submitted all required documents with Immigration Quebec, you will be granted Canadian permanent residence status and given a 5-year work permit.
3 Categories Of QIIP
- Entrepreneur Investor Program (EIP) – If you have business experience and are investing $300,000 Canadian dollars or more in a provincial government fund, this program is for you. It requires you to invest at least 300,000 Canadian dollars over a period of five years with the funds going towards creating jobs or promoting economic development in Quebec.
- Business Investor Program (BIP) – If you have business experience and are investing $150,000 Canadian dollars or more into either a new or existing business in Quebec, this program is for you. It requires you to invest at least 150,000 Canadian dollars over a period of five years with the funds going towards creating jobs or promoting economic development in Quebec.
- Investor Stream – If you meet the requirements for either EIP or BIP and do not have any other ties to Canada other than being an investor, this stream is available to you as well!